Thursday, July 17, 2008

Experiment

You know when you hear something crazy and you just want to know for yourself if it is true? Like Jesus for example. Or the guy who only ate McD's for a month. (Or the guy who only ate McSalads... I could go on). Anyway, I am a sucker for trying things out for myself. First with Jesus and now carrots.

This is not a new mindset for me. Once I read in the metro about detoxing on a liquids only diet. It was the day before lent and the day after a heavy night out so when a few friends said it would be impossible to survive properly not eating for 5 weeks I took them up on the challenge. Only fruit and veg based liquids but I don't mean smoothies or soup - no pulp allowed. It was actually totally manageable. I did obviously lose a lot of weight, but I put most of it back on the week after! That said, I did go on holiday...

This time it is the turning orange story. I want to know if it is true and if so, how much carrots and how quickly does it happen? So, I bought a kilo and I am going to be introducing them into my diet pretty intensely from now on. I may even go almost totally carrot once all the food in my fridge is gone.

Almost similarly, I am starting to test more and more what it is people say about God and what He can do. If turning orange is interesting how much more so is healing, miracles, reconciliation for others, prophecy et all...?! So, I am pretty sure that if I am eating great quantities of carrots in expectation, how much more so should I be praying fasting and awaiting for God to do amazing things... (I may have to put carrots on hold when I choose to fast, there are such things as priorities.)

2 carrots so far today (with humous, I was so happy when I found it in COOP!). 1 burden of prayer. I think it shall be a race between turning orange and seeing an answer... I'll keep you posted but remember, I am the only one that can eat carrots (well you can eat them but it won't turn me orange); we can all pray!

No comments: