Monday, June 16, 2008

Cheeky Bast*rds!

What is with the whole "FREE" pricing for air flights?

I've been getting all excited about Ryanair's winter flights sale and having defo got the travel bug I thought maybe an end of term jaunt across to mainland Europe would not be a bad idea.

Currently tossing up between Vienna, Austria and Katowice, Poland. Vienna appeals 'cause I loved it and it has real significance to me now. Plus I reckon it would be beautiful in winter and anyway it defo needs a revisit at some point (particularly without the football fans). Katowice is just a combination of the fact that it sounds a bit like my name and it is in Poland (cool). I have no idea whether it is a nice place to go but it is somewhere new and so would be a bit more exciting to rock up to... that and I think I may end up adopting an Eastern European child at some point (Could that be more of a glib statement? There is reasoning behind but it is quite complicated, not that interesting and I have been writing posts that are too long recently) so want to get more of an affinity with the place/people.

Then of course Ryanair pull the stunt of say "from" in tiny letters and generally being really busy on their website (last day of sale) which is making it less and less appealing, the harder it gets.

But if I do get through to the website and find some decent prices, does anyone have an opinion? And feel free to challenge me on the seemingly obvious immorality of flight in general. It is sooo tempting but I rather think that I should be making a stand. That said I am not a vegan and one can find some fabulous reasons to be; not least the slaughtering of 2 day old male chicks just 'cause they were born the wrong sex (though it is hard for me to judge any industry that deems being male 'wrong'! Lol, just a girl power moment... you know I don't mean it: GRIN).

If I don't get round to booking maybe I will pretend that I am being moral about it. Do you think people will buy that?

2 comments:

Darryl said...

I don't get it. How can they be chicks if they're male?

*scratches head*

Kat(i)e said...

Have you never been to Thailand? *Gasp* cheeky!