Monday, May 26, 2008

Why, thank you?

Strangest compliment ever came from a friend yesterday whilst talking about some spy that got shot down from a plane and survived the fall. She just looks at me and says "I think you would be the kind of person that would survive a 70,000 ft fall..." When I received this with a puzzled expression (indeed exclamation) she said "That's a compliment, I wouldn't last 5 ft."

I don't know what is more bewildering. The idea that there is a type of person that could survive that, the suggestion that I seem to be of such set or that she envisages herself as someone that having fallen 5 feet through the air would instantaneously perish?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol. Umm. I do forget how that particular analogy came to mind, but you are that kind of hard-core.
I KNOW you are up for paragliding me friend (!!)
Honestly, that cannot really be the oddest compliment you have ever received??!

Kat(i)e said...

Well, once a man on drugs compared me to really dirty acid (which is apparently better than clean acid) but he was on drugs and so you have to scale that in. It is just a v strange thing to both identify and appreciate in someone, Miss Anonymous.

But hard-core, I can wear that one with pride. And paragliding... you have to be kidding me no fucking way! Oh wait, maybe. Yeah why not?