Saturday, May 17, 2008

The sun may have his hat on, but do you?

Bearing in mind the sun is the source of life for all the planet, I think it is pretty cool. Aside from providing all the energy that we require to function however, it also manages to invoke a large amount of stupidity in the human race. Well, pasty white westerners anyway.

What is with opting out of suncream and such? There may well be people out there saying "I'm not that much of an idiot" but this year so far I have know at least 6 people, with degrees and proper jobs and everything, to get very red and just shrug it off as a means to an end. I want to shout out "skin cancer" but unfortunately I'm not a big fan of hypocrisy. One well respected member of my locale community, no names mentioned but you know who you are, declared to me that he did it on purpose cause he didn't have time to waste going brown slowly. Yet another dear friend, who is desperate for a mention in my blog though possibly not like this, still had a red forehead 3 days after a lovely Sunday afternoon by the lake. (I won't shame him by labelling in this one 'cause I am just too nice!) I myself am no better, immediate satisfaction is my biggest weakness and the golden glow payoff wins every time.

Silly silly sun people.

But sillier still, I find, is sunbathing at 8pm at night when the clouds have covered over, people aren't even in their swimsuits and the tits are out in full glory. No problem with topless bathing (this is "the continent" it would be futile to care) but in those conditions isn't that just indecent exposure?

That all said, the storms hit GVA this week (just as I came off revision duties) so I haven't got the option to be unwise in the electromagnetic spectrum. Bring on the biere fest this evening, there are other ways to be foolish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it really worth it pale face? I have to ask how much this is really valued by pigment-challenged folk.
PS: I think you're perty just the way you are