Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's the little things

Robyn has moved back in. This actually happened last Thursday. The trial separation really made us see what is important; that floosie from Canada is long gone and going to Africa can really give back some perspective so, fresh off the plane from Liberia, Brooker-Bright gave it another go...

It was always going to happen I realised. Our relationship was far too significant to give up on without trying one last time. The whole time she was away I became increasingly aware that I could not turn her away were she to return; the love was not at all dead. Every little reminder drew a tear to the eye - from a carrier with an out of date Matin Bleu and the last piece of a chocolate bar (mmmm!) to an old bag with mouldy rye bread and dirty 'socks' in: I tidied up the rubbish, ate the tasties and did the washing as I awaited her return.

The thing is she gets me. For example last night after dinner - which we cooked together ate together and left on the washing up pile together - she offered to me to scrape her plate of the leftover "zucchini" (I think you mean courgette), scrambled egg and maple syrup, 'cause she knows how much I hated waste.

It's the little things isn't it?

1 comment:

katdish said...

Hi Kat(i)e,

Don't know how you found my blog, but I'm glad you did. I'm actually working on (in my head -- a dangerous territory for thoughts at best) a post about coping with ADD. I'll give you a shout when I've completed it. Congrats on your baptism. Life still sucks sometimes, and you'll still probably struggle with things that you struggled with before you "took the plunge", but as you begin to live a life with Christ, the big hassles don't seem so big anymore. He'll pull you through if you let Him.