Saturday, February 7, 2009

Oh Bugger

I have this amazing post drafted. It's totally hopeful and glorifying in everyway. Humble, God prioritising, Kingdom seeking shit. You gotta love it.

And it was almost ready for posting. I swear. Like, one proof-read and some biblegateway.com-ing links and we'd all be dead excited about what God was doing when I didn't meet my deadline yet it was all OK...

Then, foolish foolish cow that I was, I went and got all despondent on my own ass before it made it to "publication". If that is even possible. I stagnated, lost my way, did a babybackslide, toppled off the Holy Spirit bandwagon, fell short of the glory, stumbled on the narrow way, missed an altar call... I don't know but whatever it was it was bad.

Which means I am disinclined to do anything much but sit around watching "Shawshanks Redemption" and drinking Bombay Sapphire with Somerfield's own brand slimline tonic and these really cute little heart shaped ice-cubes. OK, these aren't bad things in and of themselves. Still, *possibly* counter-productive and certainly not enthusiastic for Jesus.

Dang it. Why does this always happen just after I get dead-excited about the most recent move of God in my life. It's almost as if there's something out there trying to sabotage everything that He does...

No comments: