Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Eternity

Infinity comes in all different sizes. How many of you know that?

But to me eternity is a good example of infinity - the infinite reach of time which is the same "size" as the natural numbers. That is, countable. What about the uncountable sets and all kinds of things to do with cardinality that I don't really remember? Are there different sizes of eternity?

I don't know right now, not really giving this much depth of thought - an old dear friend, from whom I had what now feels like a really petty split several years ago, just got in touch with me having read BGB (on reference from a mutual friend) so I'm kinda distracted by the idea of reconciliations and the aceness of forgiveness and all that it brings.

What a waste of time not doing so has been. Yet, I suppose with the rest of eternity at our disposal (no matter what size it may be) we can more than make up for the finite loss of a few years.

No comments: