Monday, October 6, 2008

Back 2 School

So uni started again today. I get really impatient sitting down doing my blog when I could be at home drinking tea, which is why I have not really done much. Sorry but at least I am honest. I try to do it in advance but life has been so busy you know. Well not actually, 'cause I've not been telling you.

But good news on that front is that my phone line got connected today! I don't know why it took them 2 weeks to reopen something that was already there but I am one step away from being overtly prolific in my blogging.

Which is inevitable seeing as I started lectures today and will need something to procrastinate with.

Oh my there is lots I could say. Noting all the crazy analogies I have going down, updating you on my follicle growth, 'citing stories about God, letting you in on my latest secret sin... but I haven't got that much time and need to get in touch with talktalk before dinner. [After thought: I just did and they are going to connect me at the end of the month! How RUBBISH is that? Maybe God is trying to keep me off the internet...?]

SO, I will just give you a little answer to prayer from this morning that I thought was pretty neat.

My Facebook friends will know that I was all rejoicing over the fact that my timetable gave me Thursday afternoons and Fridays off - leaving things incredibly open for long weekends to, well anywhere but I reckon La Suisse might be a top candidate.

Anyway. First lecture of day really good and enthusing and I am remembering exactly why I like maths this much. Second opened up a whole can of worms. The timetable coordinator lady (oh how I do not envy her) was there and it ensued that they needed to reschedule 2 out of 3 lectures for that course. Put total fear into me for the preservation of my über sweet life. First one they moved to Mon lunch time which was cool but then the next clash was announced... I was terrified for my Friday and it was looking like I was going to lose it. Maybe that seems silly or selfish but I am pretty damn sure I NEED that time off and anyway, why not ask God for a blessing?

So I am sitting there ferociously praying (I think I may have freaked out the girl next to me) and it is seeming like an inevitable loss. One guy kinda said he couldn't do it but the lecturer couldn't do the other option and he is a little more integral. Then a decision is reached... and they said that it would be Friday... but for those that can't make it, a smaller group will be arranged at another time! Which is wicked and totally better than a whole lecture full anyway.

There are only three of us in the group and the other girl admitted straight up that she was only there 'cause it would be a better learning environment. I was avoiding my stance until someone asked me outright if I was the same and I was like "well.. the thing is.. I CAN make Friday... but bearing in mind how many problems I have with studying, it is really in everyone's interest that I have a a 3 day weekend..." The lecturer was surprisingly cool and said himself that atleast we are honest!

Clearly it is only working because one person actually cannot make the Friday at 1pm slot. And why is it that he can't? 'Cause he is a devout muslim and has to say his prayers...!

Praise the Lord, what a wonderful way to work. I'm not sure if the department would support that but I for one think it's ace.

Uni with God is turning out to be pretty OK; actually I am kinda excited actually by how different things are going to be. Not just to do with peace but actual miraculous stuffs too like. But that is for another day. My tea awaits me...

No comments: