Monday, August 18, 2008

Assorted Talkings - just about my life, not really worth reading if you're not my mum and even then that's pushing it...

I passed the 1,000 mark and didn't even notice. What is going on with me and my blog? I feel like we aren't speaking at the moment...

It has been a busy last few weeks. I went to a wedding yesterday. The pastor graciously agreed to marry them even though they had both been married before - I think it helped that they married each other! One of those rather unique occasions but definitely a LOT of fun. Congratulations Ed and Zoe!

I also went to that wedding in England the other week, as you may recall. 23.5 hours in the country to see and old friend tie the knot. Sorry environment, but I did buy carbon-offsetting! I said to God I wanted it to be worth the effort/expense else I didn't want to go - and you know what, it was! Met/remet some great people and, also, got the chance to wear my Swiss Miss outfit one last time. Yes, I went in costume but it was Chris Lowry's wedding so I think I was allowed... As it happens the whole affair was far less mental than the groom might have implied; but there was one thing they could not control - the location was in a little Kent town named Snodland!

What else? A few friends from England came to visit which was really nice. Did the last touristy stuff, went around GVA, took the boat to cute French town of Yvoire. Lovely stuff. Also meant they took back 60 kg of crap for me. Sadly, though I have already sent back twice as much as I came with, I will be lucky if the last traces fit into 40 kg worth - possibly I should STOP buying things but I saw such a nice top... and skirt... and trousers... for 5 Euros each you can't really say no. Perhaps I am too flippant on an obvious character flaw...?

Life is pretty busy, got a big praise event happening at church the Friday before I leave (if you are in GVA do come, EBCG at 8pm it will be awesome) and what with prepping for that, getting ready (in theory) for leaving the country, doing the last things for the last time and all I am going to pretty much suck at writing. I will still do it, but it will suck.

The last week in Geneva has commenced. No more pub quizzes (not that I went today). No more Mondays. Sadness. I'm not giving it much though though, best way I suppose.

So, see you around for my final observations. I really want to summarise the bits and pieces I have started or hinted at but if I don't get round to it then know that life is pretty good. Busy and crazy and more than a little bit overwhelming at the hugeness of what being a Christian actually means but good nonetheless.

Something funny. A friend of mine went looking for this blog online after it came up in conversation. She sent me a message on Facebook saying that she had tried looking for www.britgotback.blogspot.com but could not find me. Ha ha ha!

That's all folks. Tune in tomorrow for the namesake, something else, or perhaps nothing at all.

5 comments:

Matt T said...

Freaky! I did the exact same thing. I thought it was britgotback too! I eventually found it through the ethers of Darryl's blog. Cool blog (yours, that is - I don't want to make enemies that quickly). I've only skimmeed it today, but I like what I've read so far. Got a 7.30 start tomoz so bedtime beckons me

Kat(i)e said...

Awww, fanks Matt. Let it be noted that this Brit does indeed have back, that's probably why people got confused, it just won't help you find the site...

Matt T said...

I reckon for both of us (certainly for me), the source of confusion was that classic Sir Mix-a-lot song 'Baby Got Back', which is now predictably stuck in my head. "I like big butts and I cannot lie...."

Kat(i)e said...

Well duh!
"I like Brit blondes and cannot lie..."
The naming of blogs is a difficult matter. Watch this space for the origin...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've been watching and waiting... patiently. *HINT!*