Monday, December 8, 2008

Passing Thoughts

People go on about secret sin. Does that mean if it's not secret it's OK? I feel like sometimes all we have to do to make it OK is confess it but people, it's still there! Some of my sin is worse when it's not secret 'cause it's obvious. Like, not being gracious. Stay between me and God: sort it out and say sorry; show/tell other people: cruel, bitchy and potentially astray leading. Plus, isn't telling people sometimes a bit like bragging? "Oh I feel so bad, I went out last night and pull these three amazing birds and now they all keep ringing me and I don't know how to tell them I'm not interested and I don't go out with non-Christians." Lol, no I don't know that person - but don't you want to judge them? Ah ha! Sin. Shit, I led you astray...

Also, I'm annoyed that the Christmas message has already gotten old on me. I've only been to my third carol service of the season and I am already done with it. How do you long timers last? I can see what C.S.Lewis meant when he talked about time being one of the greatest weapons of the enemy. When I got back to England I was sort of told by someone that I would calm down and reality would kick in. It was my biggest fear and my reaction was a total denial and refusal. Now what? Angel, mother, stable, baby, angels, shepherds, star, kings, escape. Ta da!

Don't be like me. Do pray for me (seriously if you're gonna then do it before Tuesday: I have an exam).

Sorry to be a grumpy! N'night x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie! I think the old-timers manage through that other thing C. S. Lewis call seasons! Stability and change at the same time =) Bliss. Some things do get old if you're not directly involved in the process: like carol singing. Or if it's horribly predictable, in which case: funk it up like only you know how!
I've missed you. How did your exam go? Was it today? Or next week? xxx

Kat(i)e said...

You still read my blog!

I know what you mean, I'm a bit of a grump sometimes and refuse to listen to the full picture 'cause if we remembered the positive responses we wouldn't be able to complain! That's kinda what I think discontentment is - actively ignoring the solution to our problems...

Plus, the word season has been SO overused by Christians it gets on my nerves; which is silly 'cause it is a really good description and even biblical too!

Good to hear from you honey :-)